A Web application (Web app) is an application program that is stored on a remote server and delivered over the Internet through a browser interface. Web applications use a combination of server side scripts (PHP) to handle the storage and retrieval of the information and client side scripts (Jave and HTML) to present the information to users.
How do web applications work?
Benefits of using web applications
- Web apps run on multiple platforms regardless of OS or device as long as the browser is compatible.
- All users access the same version, eliminating compatibility issues.
- They are not installed on the hard drive thus eliminating space limitations.
- They reduce software piracy in subscription based web apps.
- They reduce costs for both the business and the end user as there are less support and maintenance required.
« Plesk | CentOS »