We've been asked many times how do you upload a theme and then activate it in WordPress? So we thought it best to do a post to run through how!
- First, check your zip file, if it contains more than just a folder with the theme in it (most paid themes do), you will need to extract that folder from the zip, and zip JUST that folder up again into a new zip file.
- Login to your WordPress Admin
- Hover over Appearance, then click Themes
- On the Themes page, there is a tab at the top that says "Install Themes" click it.
- When you're on the install themes page, just under the tab you clicked is an option to Upload, click it.
- Click the Choose File button and find the zip file on your computer
- Click install now. A page will then show with details of the installation
- Click the Activate button at the bottom of the install page
And that's it! you now have your new theme installed and running!
With our UK WordPress Hosting, we automatically install WordPress for you, so after you sign up all you need to do is follow this step to have a great looking blog!