Most people assume when you setup a new website that it’ll automatically appear in Google, but this simply isn’t the case.
Today I’m going to show you just how to get your WordPress site into Google and out of the sandbox effect so your website shows up for the search terms you want.
So what is the Google sandbox effect?
The Google sandbox effect is a preventive measure that stops malicious users setting up websites that hack, steal information or run malicious code in your web browser. It basically says we wont let you rank for the keywords straight away until we trust you. You can read more about the Google sandbox effect here.
So how do you get out of it?
Simply put, their’s no simple way of getting out of it, but we recommend a few steps as outlined below. We have seen sites come out of it within a couple of weeks doing the right thing.
So what should I do to get my WordPress site into Google?
- Setup WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast in your WordPress System and submit your site to Google Webmaster Tool And Bing Webmaster tools. Also create Social media profiles linking to your site
- If your friends have a site, or business or colleagues, Get them to write a blog post (or offer to write one for them!) so you can get genuine links to your site.
- Submit your sites to directories such as Yahoo Directory (roughly £183 per year, but worth it!), Best Of The Web (£99 per year, but again worth it), FreeIndex , UK Small Business Directory, and any others relevant niche directories you know about in your industry.
- Make sure your page titles contain the keyword you want to rank for, so you know if its working.
- Put a SEO rank checker in place so you know how well your keywords are improving, or if their included at all. We recommend Serpfox.
[divider style=”fat” margin=”20px”]
And there you go, After doing these steps you should find your site has a strong presence in Google.
SEO can be a fickle game that changes often and this isn’t the only steps you need to make, it’s just a start to get you into Google.