Toady we’re going to show you how to move your WordPress login. Why might you want to move it? I hear you ask.
Well, Moving the login means you stop brute-force attacks on your site using up resources and attempting to gain entry as most bot nets use a script that searches for WordPress sites and then automatically uses wp-login.php to try and gain entry.
You can also create an easier to remember login URL rather than wp-login.php to something like /2k3/
This can be achieved in a few simple steps as outlined below.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for the plugin “Move Login”.
- Click install.
- Once downloaded, a link to activate plugin will appear at the bottom, click this.
- Once activated, in the left hand WordPress menu go to Settings > Move Login.
- Set the URL‘S to where you want them to be, for security we recommend using something other than the default “login” as these are easy to guess. Try something like a random string such as 2k3 as this would be hard to guess.
- Set the When a not connected user attempts to access the administration area field to Redirect to a «Page not found» error page.
- Click Save Changes.
And that’s it! Less botnet attacks and a much easier to use URL!
As ever if you need any help setting this up, or have questions, please feel free to contact us.
TaggedMove Admin , Move Login , Secure Botnet , WordPress
« Black Friday Special, Get 50% Off All WordPress Hosting | The Lowdown on 5 Main Types of Web Hosting »