So you find yourself in a tricky situation, Your WordPress admin bar is not showing up!
A Lot of time it can be down to theme settings, they may have missed something when designing your theme.
Here are 5 things to check:
- Make sure your theme has wp_head(); in it
- Make sure your theme has wp_footer(); in it
- Using the WordPress left navigation in the admin section.. go to Users -> “Your Profile” … one of the check boxes at the top reads: “Show Toolbar when viewing site” — make sure that’s checked on 😉
- If you’ve done all of the above & the WordPress admin bar is still not showing up … Check for CSS/HTML conflicts…
- The WordPress admin bar uses a class ID of #wpadminbar – make sure you’re not overwriting those styles.
- <ul> and <li> – the WP admin top bar uses <ul>’s and <li>’s — be sure you’re not overwriting the styles that make them show.
- Check your source code and search for “wpadminbar” – make sure the thing is actually showing up!
- Ask your WordPress Host for help! – We would be more than happy to help you find out why your WordPress admin bar is not showing up